Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 i was wondering if i can creat a password window...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
monkeyman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:30 pm   Post subject: i was wondering if i can creat a password window...

Ok; I know how to create the password window on turing, but is there a way to change the user's password (INTO) stars so others can't see it; For example

Please enter your username and password!

Username: Monkey man
Password : *******
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use noecho in setscreen (or View.Set) and then output watever you want when they type it
monkeyman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacchus wrote:
use noecho in setscreen (or View.Set) and then output watever you want when they type it

But how would i output whatever I want?
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This depends entirely on what you mean by 'password window'. If you mean a GUI styled textfield entry à la Windows...
- this would be a screen in which input is given, and displayed as * or some other indistinguishable character.
For this, you could use actual GUI. commands, but those tend to get complicated and irritating and such.

Or perhaps you just mean input that is hidden...like the stars example.
In this case you would use getch(). You would get a single character at a time, and display a * instead of that character. When the input is complete, it may be compared to the actual password and so on and so forth.

If you really do want to work with opening and closing windows though, you'll have to use Window. commands. Press F10.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this question has been asked many many times.. u can use the search function...
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try looking in turing help under the GUI module
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: