Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animation
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:02 pm   Post subject: Animation

I'm trying to animate a ball that falls down, but it gets erased at the very end. How do I fix this?

code:
procedure dropBall (x : int)
    for decreasing y : 470 .. 70 by 70
        if whatdotcolour (x, y) not= 12 then
            drawfilloval (x, y, 23, 23, brightred)
            View.Update
            delay (200)
            drawfilloval (x, y, 24, 24, 43)
            drawoval (x, y, 24, 24, black)
         end if
    end for
 end dropBall
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's not that it gets erased at the end, it just doesn't get drawn. Try changing the second bounds of the for loop from 70 to 0.

Here's your program, only with easier customization Smile
code:

procedure dropBall (x, topY, bottomY, spacing, totalTime : int)
    const timeForEach := round (totalTime / ((topY - bottomY) / spacing))
    for decreasing y : topY .. bottomY by spacing
        if whatdotcolour (x, y) not= 12 then
            drawfilloval (x, y, 23, 23, brightred)
            View.Update
            delay (timeForEach)
            drawfilloval (x, y, 24, 24, 43)
            drawoval (x, y, 24, 24, black)
        end if
    end for
end dropBall
dropBall (maxx div 2, maxy, 0, 10, 750)
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Easier customization? It seems a LOT more complicated than mine was Confused It seems as if my code draws a red circle then erases it by drawing an orange one on top, then draws a red circle under the previous, then erases it again, and so on. The last circle gets drawn, then immediately gets erased. I dont want it to get erased.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, I get it. Well, having just copied and pasted the code into Turing and not really thinking I skipped over the fact that my run window was set to nooffscreenonly. Try adding a View.Update at the very end of your procedure (after the end for). Mind you, all that does is make the last circle turn orange, as all the others have, instead of staying red.
I don't think the circle can get drawn then erased, given the code tat you posted. It must be something outside of that procedure.
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thx for the help. I have another question though. I want to program some AI for my game, and to do a check to see if there are 4 of one colour in a row, diagonaly, etc. How would I check to see if there are 4 pieces connected? Could I use a whatdotcolour around a piece to check if there is one of the same nearby, then do a whatdotcolour on that piece and so on? Or is there an alternate method?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whatdotcolour? Thinking I would advise going with number comparisons. I'm sure you could come up with a recursive function to find four in a row. Unfortunately, I probably won't be of much help there. Embarassed
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks a lot for your help. If anybody else has any ideas on how I could fix my code from my first post, I'd appreciate it!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: