Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Any Ideas For A Drag Racing Game?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ClayWall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: Any Ideas For A Drag Racing Game?

For my final project in Computer Science I've decided to do a top down view drag racing game. It shouldn't be to hard except for the gear shifting. If anyone has advice on that it would help, but I was going to ask, is there were any ideas anyone would like to see in a game like this? Asking this may give me the motivation to actually complete this game. Once I get some of it done I'll post it in the Open-Source section. Also it has to be object oriented.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gear changes...

Well, you'll obviously be using Input.KeyDown() for your input (unless you figure out something more interesting)...so in that case, whilst the cars are moving, simply check for the appropriate input - and if the timing matches the in-game clock/counter device thingy, then the change is good. Otherwise, the usual thing that happens in drag racing happens...whatever that might happen to be.

Welcome, and good luck.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you've got to be able to tune your car and tweak out the performance parts. It's the key to a dragracing game. Shouldn't be hard to implement since you're working with an OO design already Wink

attention to detail is what makes a game stand out. Little things like tire tear and engine maulfunction are what add that "ohhh"
ClayWall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: Really Basic Start

A basic start to the financial part of the game. All input welcome. Also it's far from complete. Updates every day or so.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: