Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Music
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: Music

does any know how to make turing play 2 or more notes at a time i.e. a triad,cord,interval(for those who know muci) ive tried almost everything that i know.. helpo would be a preciated
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My guess would be that you'd have to do a lot of research, and using the Music.Sound command, constantly change the frequency based on the interaction of the two frequencies. I'm not quite sure how to do this though (What formulas to use).

Until then, you're going to have to settle for something like this:
code:

process A
    Music.Sound (440, 1)
end A

process C
    Music.Sound (440, 1)
end C

loop
    fork A
    fork C
end loop

(I realize this is not a good solution and it sounds bad)
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive tried making a note a procces and then forking it wiht another procces anohter note) but only 1 note comes out
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can't do it, the computer's making the sounds come out.

If you want to play multiple things at once, you have to use the Music.PlayFile(); command.
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
You can't do it, the computer's making the sounds come out.

What is that supposed to mean? Sure its possible, with the Music.Sound command. Is it difficult, yes.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Guys, when it comes to music in Turing I think that the biggest thing holding you back is that it sounds terrible. Regardless of your own musical skill sound() and play() offer terrible quality. If you actually know about music and want to compose your own piece I would recommend finding a program that will allow you to compose it and export to mp3 somehow. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't play more than one at a time. Turing is quite limited like this when it comes to music (ie, no more than one *.wav, *.mp3, and *.midi at a time).
Omicron91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree Coutsos, it just doesn't work.

Turing offers Mono/Analogue sounds, not multi-channel Stereo, hence you cannot blend two sounds together. You could average the frequency of two waves though and attempt to produce some kind of offset that way, unfortunetly it would modulate like a proper physical wave, just produce a different tone. No, I'm afraid it's Music.PlayFile for you.
TryinghArd_noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Try playing *.wav as ur main music and then play *.midi (or is the other way around) im sure its something like that... its been a year since i thouched turing.. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: