Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Do Key functions work in 3.1.1 Turing?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
w00t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:01 pm   Post subject: Do Key functions work in 3.1.1 Turing?

Hey everyone,
I have a query about Turing version 3.1.1, do they allow the user to have mouse and key use, like:

getch
mouse.where

thanks alot
w00t
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh.

You'll get this eventually, so I'll just get it out of the way: either upgrade to 4.0.5 or use a different (freely available) language. Smile
w00t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have Truing 4.0.5 but my school only has 3.1.1
soo.. back to my question
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's so funny, schools insist on teaching obsolete versions of obsolete languages.

Why does the school board not go with a freely available, easy to learn language?

Anyway, yes, you can use those commands with 3.1.1
w00t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats what i said, but anyways thank you

w00t out
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
It's so funny, schools insist on teaching obsolete versions of obsolete languages.

Why does the school board not go with a freely available, easy to learn language?

Quoted from a post I made at ArsTechnica:

Quote:
I love it when schools decide to teach a particular language because it's "the industry standard", then proceed to teach it in a completely non-standard way.

Or when they develop their own (typically half-assed) custom language because "C++ (or Java) is too complex" for first year students, utterly ignoring the wealth of other languages out there, or dismissing them "because they aren't industry standard tools".
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: