Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Making a black jack game and need help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
obrieni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: Making a black jack game and need help

I'm Making a black jack game for my programming class and i want it to be more than just a number and you click "hit". i'm importing a picture of a card everytime you hit but i need them to be random. I have everything done except for the randomizing. i'm trying to use procedures and arrays but i haven't been able to get it to work. i have a procedure for every card in a deck ex:

procedure card
var card : array 1 .. 52 of string
end card

procedure card2
Pic.ScreenLoad ("two of hearts.bmp", a, b, picCopy)
count := 2
total := total + count
end card2

var deck : int
randint (deck, 1, 52)
card(deck)

when i run it, it highlights the card(deck) part and says that card has too many parameters.

i would put the whole program on so you could see it, but it's like 700 lines.
if someone could help, thanx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uve got the wrong section... u want turing help Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

procedure card
var card : array 1 .. 52 of string
end card

notice how procedure card() has no arguments? yeah.. Your code looks wrong... very very wrong.

700 lines? Confused Nothing you're making at your level should be more than 100. Blackjack will take ~25 lines to make.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
tiago

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey every one, i'm new.........i'm in class right now making this program and i need serious help.....i'm making a black jack game on turing...and i have 52 cards as jpeg and i need to know hoe to insert the cards in the game....help please txxxxxxxx
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Look it up in the Turing Walkthrough.
Pic.FileNew
and Pic.Draw, I think.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: