Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Puzzle Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:40 pm   Post subject: Puzzle Game

I *cough* accidently deleted the post. It was turning into a flame war. Here's what it said (by Ashley)

Quote:

Hey everyone!

I'm in desperate need of help with my program. I've been assigned to create a program that is a puzzle (ie. pieces divided up so that user can put it all back together). Problem is, I have no idea where to start. Since my class is a beginner one, my instructor said we could find a program online and just modify it since making a game on our own from scratch would be too hard for us. Anyway, I can't find a puzzle program anywhere online so if anyone could either direct me to a link or has/knows how to make a puzzle program, please help! Thanks in advance!

Love,
ASHLEY
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well martin told me he'll be programming a puzzle, so if he doesnt... throw stuff at him Twisted Evil Say its an accident Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well for straters you will need to find an image of the picher you whont to make the pulze off then cut it up and save it as diifrent img files. a box shape whode be easest.

then you need to knoe how to import them in to turing you can find this info in tutorals.

next you will need to make a way for the user to pick where they whont to put the imag. you could use the mose to move the pic in till the user click where they whont it and use if's to see if it is wirte.

i whode rcomend trying to strat theprogame then if you need help post. also tutorales here can be helpfull.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
well martin told me he'll be programming a puzzle, so if he doesnt... throw stuff at him Twisted Evil Say its an accident Wink

ROFL, i did not see that be for i posted
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG I am SOOO flaming this thread...

FLAME THE FLAMAGE TO START THE FLAME WAR WHERE THE FLAMING GOES DOWN IN FLAMES!!!

Seriously though, no school would say "take someone elses code and play around with it" because thats utterly moronic, and I go to the dumbest school in Canada, so I know exactly where the line is crossed.
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol *cheers* go asok! dis it up!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: