Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is their an easier way of making an rpg game?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
matt_mcn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: Is their an easier way of making an rpg game?

Yea im just wonderin if anyone could tell me if their is an easier way to make an rpg game then the way i so far did it.. because right now my game is a bunch of procedures and if statements..and i have lots of problems... ive posted it..so if someone could help me id appreciate it..

included is rpg.t

rpg1.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rpg1.t
 Filesize:  12.43 KB
 Downloaded:  124 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah...yes, there is most definitely an easier way of doing this.
Right now you have everything hardcoded...which means lots of unnecassary coding on your part.

What you'll want to look into are procedures (and maybe functions). This will allow you to take all the code that you have and compress it into a lot less of code.
Your basic idea will be to make a procedure that can handle introductory text ("Where do want to go?"), issue options ("To the tree; To the lamppost; Today."), possibly even take input too.
You'll need the procedure to return values depening on which choice was made, and accordingly call another procedure (or even the same one just with different arguments!)

Makes this sort of thing a lot easier...
Procedures Functions Processes by tony
Modules by Delos
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Records and arrays are always good to have in your toolbox as well.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: