Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Reference (F10 Guide)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: Turing Reference (F10 Guide)

I'm running Turing through WINE on my Linux system. For some reason, the "help" files got lost in translation, so basically I'm left without the Turing reference. I'm not doing Turing anymore this year or anything but I like messing with it every now and again and F10 is a huge help for refreshing one's memory Smile

Since I'm missing it, I'm wondering if it can be sent. Is it a seperate .chm file? Anything that can be extracted and uploaded?

Anyone that has this reference (I know that I've seen it on the internet in .pdf format as well, but I forget where) could you post here and we'll work out some transfer method? Smile Once I get it, I'll put it on my webserver so others can have it too. (In the same way that I'm sharing the actual Turing 4.0.5 software)

Thanks in advance ^__^
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
HelloWorld

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing works with Wine? Nice! Smile. I'll have to try that out, later. But, back to the topic, I have the same problem, my Turing reference is corrupted, because everytime I open it, it crashes. If anyone would be so kind as to lend us a copy. Hope it doesn't break and copyright rules. I believe its free, since it comes with Turing, and the only people that would need it would be a Turing owner, so they should already have it.

Anyway, I'm running it one WiNd0z3. Hope someone can help us.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing help dose not work for me on wine ether, i am thinking it may need some dll files or somting from windows......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do other apps that take advantage of similar documentation windows under Windows have working help under WINE.
HelloWorld

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

@Hacker Dan-
Yeah, your probably right. Anyway, I was just using Turing in Linux for the first time, and it works almost perfect. I'm impressed with Wine, it usually doesnt work with most programs.

Anyway, back to the topic, if anyone knows of a pdf version of the reference guied or something they can share with us, that would be great. ! . !
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I solved the problem, guys Smile First, the .chm format of the F10 guide doesn't lend itself well to Linux but it does work. Check your distro's repository for a program named 'xchm' or compile it yourself. Then open the .chm file with that. Works like a charm for me =)

Here's the .chm file for whoever's missing it: http://thegoban.com/TuringDoc.chm

Enjoy! ^_^

NOTE: I got Turing running, but not with the default WINE but with a WINE-based app named "crossover office." I'm sure if I had more WINE libraries and the like, I could do it with that too. But I'm too lazy and coo works.
HelloWorld

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

* + 5 bits Hikaru79

Thank you very much, I needed that file! Thanks again!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: