Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 rizzix 3d engine??
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:56 pm   Post subject: rizzix 3d engine??

Why is rizzix's 3d engine so fast? Compared to other 3d engines his is amazingly fast. Yes his is a lot bigger length wise but what concept makes it go so much faster? Does it have to do with his use of classes?

Rizzix's engine is located at
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=5598

And I would just like to say that I think Turing Help files suck and who ever made them should be fired.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lack of depth sorting
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ic, but this 3d engine has no depth sorting and it is so slow. I know it is a very primitive engine but how is rizzix's, homers, and yours so much faster by far.

The Extension 'raw' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

3d.t
 Description:
engine

Download
 Filename:  3d.t
 Filesize:  8.41 KB
 Downloaded:  134 Time(s)

TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I found that after adding ZSorting, anything with over 6000 polygons becomes unbearably slow. I guess i'm pretty inefficient ^_^.

Of course, the smaller files work great...

... and there are some glitches with the distance sorting...

*sigh*

-Z

The Extension 'raw' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Z3D.T
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Z3D.T
 Filesize:  5.32 KB
 Downloaded:  139 Time(s)

Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What I really want to know is how do I make the really slow basic 3d engine that I posted render faster? Anything above around 100 polygons makes that engine take for ever. What can I do to change that? I just don't know where to start.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: