Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DLL's that Turing requires? And/or new installshield? (Wine)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: DLL's that Turing requires? And/or new installshield? (Wine)

Trying to install Turing in Wine (Linux), getting "Unhandled exception" errors when I try to install it, and it's driving me nuts Razz Just wondering if theres any tricks, or if someone in another distro couild tell me what dll's are configured into their wine so I can get mine working. Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There doesn't seem to be any DLLs that Turning needs to run.

I've run it successfully on Knoppix and I think Mandrake in the past, so it should work.
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm on Gentoo with latest version of wine, every time I get:

code:

chris@XP650 Turing $ wine Turing.exe
*pause for a second*
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000c), starting debugger...

Even though I have the debugger enabled, it fails to come up. Just super frustrates me because I thought it was going to work because everyone here said it did, and now that I've moved to linux, it doesnt wanna work for me!
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I had it installed on my windows partition and I just opened it up and it seemed to work. Some stuff (like saving) produced errors, but the code still executed.
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so you can't save?
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well I couldn't from the turning window, but you might be able to. Could always just copy and paste the code from a text file on the desktop or something to get around that.
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, There has to be something wrong though, someone else suggested CodeWeavers CrossOver Office, I just got it and its giving me the same error.
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When I try to install it, it goes slow untill about 40% of the installer, then busts up to 99% and crashes I guess, really confusing me, I really kinda need this workin.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't install anything in WINE, but it was already installed on my windows partition. My guess is that you just need to run the actual Turning program itself, and not the installer. Try putting it on a network drive or USB drive and execute it from there.
Leftover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm yeah, it does appear not to be installable, quite confusing, although I did have no problems in wine, aside from a sluggish start up, everything after is normal, including loading. Thanks for the help.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Leftover wrote:
Hmm, There has to be something wrong though, someone else suggested CodeWeavers CrossOver Office, I just got it and its giving me the same error.

Hmm, didn't work in CrossOver Office for you? What distribution did you try that method in? Worked great for me... Very Happy
Leftover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Gentoo, never had any problems with it. My old boss used to run redhat on his laptop and I was gentoo, we both wine'd the same stuff and never had any problems, and most of the time mine were faster. But nope, it still wouldn't install.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried one of the supported pieces of software by Cross Over (MSO XP) and it froze while trying to update the installer. I get the feeling there may be an issue with installshield in wine.

All cross over really seems to do is install wine and give you a GUI to install it from. Its probably just easier to save your self $40 and learn how to do it with a console Razz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: