Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fillbox Blinking When Drawn
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: Fillbox Blinking When Drawn

I have a small problem. I'm trying to do movement with getch, and a sort of wall detector thing i thought of myself. I have a continuous procedure where everything happens and it clears the screen once per cycle. It all works, except when I do cls the walls disappear, of course.

I tried having the walls be drawn every cycle just after the screen is cleared, but then they 'blink'. I dont suppose that the way I'm doing it is the best way, but then again maybe it is. =( I sure hope not.

If there's anyway to clear part of the screen, or like, everything except an area, or anything even to get rid of that annoying blink, I'd be grateful.

p.s. is there any way to get rid of the default delay when you hold a key?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

read up on View.Update and offscreenonly in the tutorial section
Flea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh no. Crying or Very sad

my school uses v4.0.1 and i dont think view.update is supported. My teacher's not about to update the versions either.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try asking the it department about it, it shouldnt be too hard for them if the turing program is on a server like it should be.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

4.01 works fine wit View.Update
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry, Dodge, it doesnt, just to tell you, at my school, we used to have 4.04 and it still didnt work, so, i really doubt it would work on a lower version.

and to answer your post scriptum, flea, no there is not any way to get rid of the default delay
Genesis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What? I can guarantee you it works with version 4.0.4, I have it installed right here. And I'm almost positive it works with version 4.0.1 too.

I'm pretty sure View.Update works with every version of Turing since 4.0.0 came out.

Are you sure your using the proper syntax?
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it does work with 4.0.x , besure u have setscreen ("offscreenonly")

and I usually view.update before cls.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pauls rite.. as long its not 4.00 it should work for all other version 4s
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well then, i guess we had an older version than i thought, sorry guys! My school IT Dept. Sucks, I was the one who first installed Turing 4.05 on them, (when it was legal), now all of the comps have it
Flea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes! Very Happy

I talked to my teacher and now we've got v4.0.4c i think it is. View.Update turns black when typed =)

thx all!
gigaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

can anyone tell me where to get an update for my v. 4.0.0?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

gigaman wrote:
can anyone tell me where to get an update for my v. 4.0.0?

Form the holth soft web site if it is leagal verson and they still suport it. Other wise you whould have to ask your school. Tho i whould be a good idea b/c 4.0.0 is the worst verson of turing every made that i know of.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: