Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 include and unit questions?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: include and unit questions?

OK I know ther eis tutorial on this but it wasn't very to me so anyways. When you use the include command I know (or think) that it just like compying and pasting the code from the other program right there. But what I don't understand is about the unit commands and how they fit in with the include command and what different it makes if I use unit in the progrem vs not. Well thanx in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please read this.

I'm sure you'll find your answer(s) there.
PS: read the whole thing, it's not too long and it will be quite informative methinks.
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I might be really stupid but I Still don't understand and yes I did read the WHOLE thing. It just seem to be exactly the same with include as it is without. I think I have a small idea but I think I'm far off. Could someone jsut tell me what the diff is. Just make it sort sweet and to the point something my small mind can grasp. altho that was a good tutorial Delos I jsut couldn't find out the why I would want to make it a unit and not just include it. Thanx
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

in a nutshell

include is copy/paste

unit is used to properly wrap a block of reusable code into a file to be included
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm IC... well not really but I do beleive that just the basic include will be sufficeint for my needs until I become more experienced. Thanx for the help.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: