Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How can you draw a box in Turing?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hosamhosam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: How can you draw a box in Turing?

How can u draw a box in turing, can u tell me what the (X,X,X,X,C) are
i know the C is color
so what are the rest?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

x1, y1, x2, y2

they're opposite corners of ur box, (x1,y1) is ur starting point and (x2, y2) is second point, and turing draws a box using those 2 points. Like when u drag a box into existance in MS paint.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is one of those basic things that you can learn for yourself. Play around with it.
try doing:
code:
drawbox (50, 100, 200, 250, black)

or
code:
drawbox (0, 200, 50, 400, red)

if you go into to turing and type in drawbox and hit F9 while the blinky cursor is over the word, it'll give you the help file

once there, you'll quickly discover that the syntax is:

drawbox (x1, y1, x2, y2, colour : int)

where x1, y1, x2, and y2 are integers to tell turing where on the screen to place the box.
(0,0) is the bottom left corner, (maxx, maxy) is the top right corner.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you hit F9 on a comand in good versons of turing it will bring up the help and doc for that comand and if u hit F10 it will bring up the doc for all of turing. Also i think F8 when persed on a comand will bring up how to use it in the msg box at the bottom of the screen.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: