Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing's limited abilities
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:07 pm   Post subject: Turing's limited abilities

I know Turing is good for beginners and the weekend tinkerer, but I was just wondering when Turing was going to lift the "no gifs" thing, that was supposed to be lifted in June 2004.... are they releasing a new version or something ... has anyone heard anything about this? anyway, i dont really care that much i just realised that in june , i was expecting another version or an update ... oh well, im starting C++ soon anyway

Goodbye Turing and your limited abilities!

Tom West wrote:
"Unfortunately, due to strictly enforced patents on the GIF compression algorithm, Turing will not implement importation of GIF pictures until the patents expire in June 2004."
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Could all ways e-mail tom, but i whould not sayi anything about turing 4.0.5 b/c officealy it dose not exists yet Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Could all ways e-mail tom, but i whould not sayi anything about turing 4.0.5 b/c officealy it dose not exists yet Rolling Eyes

are you sure dan? I think it does "exist" officaly because if it doesn't our school (Waterloo Oxford) is in a lot of trouble becasue every computer has turing 4.0.5 on it Razz oh well better for me Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is not an officeal verson, it is only a beat test for schools only.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HA! I was unaware that 4.0.5 was only a bets test ... ya learn somrthing new every day! ... ne way HackerDan : is there something in reference for tom's adress, or would you happen to have it? (Tom's email)
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, it wont do any good unless ur reporting a bug... but here it is west@hsa.on.ca
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright, thanks, hope to post his reply ... if i get one.. ill report back!
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if ur gona whine about how crap turing is, dont expect a reply
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whatever, and if you read my previous posts, i just said "limited abilities", and that it is good for "beginners and weekend tinkerers" oh well, id just like to let others who might be interested Eh
Genesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think dodge was referring to Tom West's reply to your email when he said if you're gonna whine, don't expect a reply.
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ooooooh ... oops, sorry dodge, your wording was a little unclear... Embarassed
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ohhh im plugging this one to , we can thank Me for bringing htis to turing , THe link i gave everyone was direct from Toms good old Website , we had complete legal access to it , Our school made him finish it becuase we had a Final Project that required things to be fixed , Tom and MY school Are real good Friends , BUt anywho its got a whole lot of fixes that Holtsoft was working on , But they took down the link probably because of hte amount of hits it was taking HAh , but in hte End there was meant to be Turing 5 , BUt that never showed up , Who knows when the next update will come , or wont and il have it anyway
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: