Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 lines
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rollerdude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: lines

ok, when i select a row, how do i do it so i don't select the entire row?
like, a portion of the row, or somthing?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should explain more specifically...
plus, if ur taking compsci, I assume ur in high school and ur old enough to know better than posting all these threads with vague questions...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you talking about selecting rows while in Turing? If so, make sure that your cursor remains on the same line as when you first clicked the button. Simply hold the button, and move the mouse left or right.. Rolling Eyes
rollerdude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, no vague questions, hmm, well, i'm making a snake type program and i'm trying to make it sothat if he hits a certain part of the wall he'll just appear on the other side, but i want like a "hole" not just the entire wall

happy?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe post all ur questions regarding ur snake program in one thread? then we'd all be eager beavers Laughing
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ooh, I think i understand. Do you mean when you do something like put"text" it puts "text" whereever it is located and clears the rest of the line? if that is your question, I don't think there is an answer.

Well, is this a text-based snake game or a graphical one (ie with drawfillbox and such.)
If you want to make a hole in the wall, and are clsing each time through the loop, you'll need a boolean array for storing each position on the wall (im assuming you're using a grid). if you aren't going to cls each time through your loop, you could just drawfillbox(x1,y1,x2,y2,colour) over that portion of the wall.

hope that helps,
keep posting the questions, we're happy to help
-Cervantes
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: