Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dansprites or turing's sprites?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:16 pm   Post subject: Dansprites or turing's sprites?

what is better to use and has less errors? I know the sprites were messed up in 4.04 but what about 4.05? did they fix them or should I still use Dansprites?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, didn't fix them, use dansprite if u want to, holtsoft said to use view.update though Confused
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

holtsoft says to do a lot of things... no one ever listens.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dansprites are interesting, but have a few flaws, so my advice is to test them out before you get too far into a project that would involve sprites, because you may very well end up abandoning the idea entirely.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My recomedation whould be to make your own sprites that work with what u are doing. I made dan sprites with somting complet difrent in mind that most polep tryed it for and it kind of got....intresting effects.

I have been meaning to fix dansprits but realy have not had time. The only main problem is if u whont to have two sprites going over each other. If u use just one sprite or sprites that will never tuch then it will work fine.

Also one reason why i have not fixed is that the fix whould make it alot more complicated to use then it curntly is. The problm is that it is saving the background when another sprit is under it and it thinks that sprit is part of the background. If any one has some ideas to fix it plz try and tell us if it works out.

P.S. turing sprites just do not work at all in verson 4 and up, if u have lower then that then u should not even try to use dansprits and go with the turing ones.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pfft just use my GFX library -,-
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: