Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 easy colition detection with grid?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: easy colition detection with grid?

ok I'm making a map maker so I have the tiles on the one side and a grid on the other and then you just click on the tile and drag it to the spot on the grid. Now I was wondering if there was an easyer way to to the mouse detection stuff then to wright the if statments for every square? Well thanx in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

So...you have a grid...let's say:
code:

A B C

And corresponding tiles some other place. So, you click a tile and then click the grid...and the tile appears there...am I getting this right?

Well, if you don't want to do the whole collision detection via a multitude of iffs, then you could consider having everything a bunch of picture buttons (GUI stuff). This will significantly slow your programme...it may not look as good, but if you know how to use Turing GUI, then it'll be rather simple.

Otherwise, coord-oriented collision detection sounds good. I keep getting the feeling though that I'm forgetting something...hmmm....
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: