Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 1st year computer science??
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: 1st year computer science??

I know at my school we will be programing in turing (oh joy Sad ) well I was wondering if you could tell me some of the assinments / projects that you are told to do in such course. I know about the final project thing where you make a game or what ever but like just during the year. It is going to be so boring at the begining with all the stupid ppl I got in my school Shocked well and info would be good. Thanx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"put" first, then if statements, loops, infinite loops, conditional, for loops, string manipulation, which means length, index etc. drawing stuff with draw commands, arrays, 2D arrays, procedures, um... visit my site at http://turing.f2g.net its not finished but it does have some of the assignments I did in grade 10.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For me gr 10 compsci was pretty basic, you shouldnt need to sweat the assignments much because they should be pretty easy if there are enough noobs in your class.
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The best tip for computer science classes; do your homework.

You don't learn anything, it wastes time teaching you stuff you already know, but this is what they mark. I made the mistake of not doing any homework for the first part of the year, and had almost failed.

everything counts, and turing is easy to learn if you give it a chance.

-Z
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I only had a few assignments to be marked, so there really wasnt all that much homework for me.

That said, if you read in the forums here alot you'll find the assignments signifigantly easier, and quicker to do as well.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Computer science depends pretty much entirely on how much you care about it, and how good a teacher you have.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
Computer science depends pretty much entirely on how much you care about it, and how good a teacher you have.

Well he (Jonny Tight Lips) is my borther, so i whould hope he whould do good Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is he going to WO then? lol... well its better than WCI... we're doing VB until grade 12 probably -_- but for everything else WCI pwns Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Well he (Jonny Tight Lips) is my borther, so i whould hope he whould do good Twisted Evil

I thought the name was familiar. Though last time he was around, he had that lamer rank...
Well, coming from the same lineage of the great Hacker Dan, I'm sure he'll do fine.
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG!! I had my real first comp sci class. Man it is soooo easy. All the people in my class are stupid Hit Wall so we;re going to go REALLY slow. The teacher said that by in like a month or 2 we will do a question and anserw thing. Wow thats hard Sleeping not! Well I think I'll do well. Hacker Dan tought me well. Razz I am not worthy Very Happy And all you other great ppl at compsci sure help out a lot. 90%+ here I come!!! Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's the spirit. And welcome to the club.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Absolutely. There's nothing magical about programming. It's an art, yes, and that takes talent, but talent can be developed.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

um... even so, watch out for tricky shit your teachers like to throw at u on ur first week, like find every syntax problem in a 50 line program on paper...
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't much care for the pencil and paper stuff either. Especially the number systems, which had no value to the course as far as i can see.
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its the stupid ergonomics porgect I have to do that is pissng me off. Like come on if I wanted to lear about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I would have taken health!!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: