Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New to Turing...kinda
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Neja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: New to Turing...kinda

Well, I'm new, and I'm trying to teach myself how to use turing with a bit of help from my friends. I'm just trying to get the basics, but everytime I do, I get some of the stupidest, annoying-est (is that a word??) errors. it's driving me nuts. So, anyways, can anyone give me like a beginers lesson? Just an over run....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

consider taking a class... its a lot easier to learn that way
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well just look at the tutoral section for some info and try doing some smiple stuff like "hello worlad" progams and if you need help tell us and we will try and help.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
FwuffyTheBunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude, go to yahoo and search for turing guides, sometimes they will a lil bit, or you can just go to the tutorials section on this site buuudy... Shocked
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there isn't much of turing material available on the net. You're better off with tutorials on this site. Deside what you want to make, then read related tutorials.

And ofcourse ask questions, someone will always help Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Neja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, I'm already taking a comp. sci. class, but it's taking forever to get to programming. I just don't have the patience for it. But thanks, I'm gonna see if there's anything else on the net, and look around some more in here. Or maybe I'll just start with a simple code and go backwards from there....probably confuse myself somemore, but that's o.k. Rolling Eyes
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should do it the way I started...

you know how they teach you something in class and then go over it for the next week? well after understanding the syntax, just play around with it. Push it to its limits, do something cool.

well alright, maybe you cant really do that. But the point is, start making programs. As soon as you lean something, try adding it in some way. Keep on making new features. If you just get an idea of something you want to program, just ask. We'll gladly help you out with syntax you need to know and ways you can do it.

Its kind of pointless of just looking at random tutorials unless you have a goal. If you are out of ideas, browse through our submitions, there's a bunch of cool stuff there (just dont look at Catalyst's programs, they're TOO cool Wink)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... i dont kno y Catalyst bothers taking classes anyway, he could prolly beat his entire skool in any programming competition alone
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I assume he wants highschool credits... and the system being as screwed up as it is... well I dont think they gonna let Billy G work on rewriting mac OS into windows and make him learn turing. Confused
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*sings*
Billy Jene is not my lovah!
ooh!
She's just a girl that thinks that I am the one!
But tha kid is not my son!

Quote:
Billy G

Oh... crap...

*runs away and hides* Embarassed
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not even going to go into that discussion... that is just WRONG in soo many ways... Shocked
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: