Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 visual turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
underdog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:38 pm   Post subject: visual turing

wat is visual turing? is it the same as turing? answers are welcome

thx in advance Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I've actually never heard of visual turing. Have you? Maybe you meant Visual C++? If not, where did you hear about visual turing?
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Visual Turing is a graphical IDE that you may use to edit and play with Turing machines.

See here for more info.

A Turing Machine, as you should know, has nothing to do with OOT. It is something else...

This could be it. Or not. Again, where did you hear about this from?
cycro1234

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I duno where that guy heard it from, but as I was searching to download a version of Turing, I kept coming across Visual Turing. No clue what it was, till now. Just search on Google "download Turing" or something like that.
templest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol?
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Interesting method of spam templest... next time you do it... I'm taking 20 of your bits... so you'd better watch out...
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe we should make a visual turing project...

but then Ric Holt might come and rip it off... a while ago plasma and I each made a visual interface for Turing in VB6 using the old DOS compiler... and then comes Ric Holt (i think it was him) comes and rips the interface off to make Turing 4...

my original version can be downloaded from here: http://www.geocities.com/bugz_podder/turing.html
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Idk about vissual turing, i think we should learn from what M$ did to java and c++ that vissualizing a lang can be a very bad thing. Also since turing is a education lang it could be taking away from it and even making it more complited then it all ready is in some ways. And what whould we make vissual about it, the M$ vissual langs are most the GUI that they let u drop down on the a form but turing's GUI is prity....intersting. I whould it whould be better to make a new GUI for turing that can use a kind of stel sheets or easy chaing of how it looks then trying to make VTuring.

I do rember serveral projects to make a vissual turing like system but most of the poleop figgered out how pointless it whould be cosdering it is turing and moved on or gave up. I also rember this one that i help some one code part of that had some intresting transloicent meneus that let u do basciks drawings in turing using mouse and whould spit out the turing code.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Do you guys mean to make an IDE for Turing?
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there is one point, if we actually do make it and sell it to Holt Software, then we make lots of $$$ Wink (if they buy it, that is)
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i also ran into the turing machine a few times... exactly what is it??

NICE bugz... that kicks ass... and in its time that really owned...

and u were able to run those turing files iwth it.... amzin...
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
i also ran into the turing machine a few times... exactly what is it??

It has nothing to do with the turing progaming lang. Here is some info on what it is:

http://www.ams.org/new-in-math/cover/turing.html

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/turing-machine/

Turing (the progaming languge) gets it name form Alan Turing who was a computer sicentistes, witch is why there are alot of wired relsotes when looking for turing progaming stuff.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh.... that heklps a lot.. thx dan..

man computers have come a long way..

and all computer cards involve less and less components (capacitors, diodes, resistors) each year... just a more complext processing chip..(that contains all them plus more)

crzy.. any1 know how many ressistors are in a CPU of today?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: