Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help - highscore
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Geminibaby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: help - highscore

hi, guys.. i have a turing problem n need ur help... i've done my game now, the only thing left is to make a highscore.. my teacher asks me to use Rec Type, n store the names n scores in a data file. now, im done this part too, but my problem is that after i stored everything in a data file (not a text file), when im trying to read it, i only can use read : FileNO, RecType in order to get the data, but i wanna store the names n scores in 2 arrays, how can i do it? when im trying to use read: FileNO, names (i), it doesnt work... dunno why... anyone can help? thanx!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you see this? I guess not.

I needn't say anymore.
Geminibaby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

did u read wut i wrote?? im not using text file...
TrAnCeIn4LiFe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think the best way woudl be just to write the score to data file... and have another daya file for the names of ppl.. it should work
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Geminibaby wrote:
did u read wut i wrote?? im not using text file...

Ok there cowboy...

Let me ask you this.
Have you ever encountered a file that you could not open using wordpad/any other text editor of your choice? If so, I'd love to see it. And don't tell me that 'picture files' pass...because:
code:

$4á%ñ&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz"šÆ’"ž"¦" "¡Ë†"°Å '"""¢-"”˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÀ

That was an exerpt from a .jpg opened using wordpad.

code:

²ìÆï*7"nsÛAÆv·äiE"¢Ã¡Ã†-.Nx"š^~Ÿ'=Ã¥G4ok«ÿ

That's an exerpt from a .avi opened using wordpad.

Are you getting what I'm saying yet?

Any file on your computer, no matter what the extension, can be looked at as simply a bunch of ASCII.
So...when you say textfile, I'm guessing you mean .txt.
Here's some news for you. You don't have to use that extension! Change it if you like, it's not suddenly going to turn into a malignant efficacious sentry.

In conclusion. Read the tutorial. Use the info presented within it. Stop looking at things in black and white...you'll only start seeing ghosts.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: