Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 external apps and system data
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: external apps and system data

I have two questions.

1. I used Sys.Exec to make my program play a swf clip using flash player; is there a way to automatically close the window when the clip is over?

2. I was thinking about the_short's pacman, and i wondered if it is possible to make turing get the local system's specs, so they could be factored into a delay amount to make the game run at a speed apropriate for different systems?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1)
Yes. I don't know off the top of my head, but it involves forcing the OS to shut down the programme.
This uses the System command I think...I'll have to check it up.
Of course this requires YOU to know when the swf has finished...leading onto point 2...

2)
No. You cannot find out the system's CPU speed...damn shame really. It would make our lives easier.
But, on the other hand, you could use some variation of an FPS counter to handle your timing...read up on FPS stuff in tutorials, azn made a great one that'll be invaluable to you.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: