Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 textfile
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
lisa89

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: textfile

hi!
im really really really new at this!
i was just wondering how to make a textfile!
and also is it possible, to like have pictures on it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

open notepad, type up some text and save it as .txt

you can't have images in there, but you could try to draw some ASCII art anyways.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or...

You could go the long way and use Turing to make it...seeing as this is a Turing Help Forum you are posting in.

This will tell you everything you need to know, but of course you'll understand none of it considering how "really really really new" you are to this game.

And no, you cannot have pictures in a textfile.

If I havn't scared you off yet, repost/PM me.

Woah! tony! In a really scathing mood today aren't we!?
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

delos : what else have I done today? Confused besides - this was originally posted in the wrong forum Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
guruguru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And this is the right forum Laughing ?

lisa89: A text file is exactly what it says. It is text only. Text in a text file can not have any formatting. No bold, no underline, no blue color, no indent etc... Hence, no pictures. Any editor (MS Word, WordPad, NotePad, NoteTab Light, Dev C++, Turing) can create a text file. When you click "Save as..." change the extension to ".txt" and make sure that in the lower box "All files." is selected.

Why do you need to know how to make a text file anyways?
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
delos : what else have I done today? Confused besides - this was originally posted in the wrong forum Rolling Eyes

I guess I just happened to look at a bunch of topics in which you had uncharacteristically been quite obtuse to the posters...not a bad thing at all...but I guess it was just a coincindinky...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: