Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Spinning box
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: Spinning box

How would i be able to make a box in turing and then make it spin in a circle, while spinning it gets bigger until it is the size of the screen?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I see 2 ways.

Either use Pic.Rotate and Pic.Scale to change and rotate the picture of a box everytime in a loop. (not recommended, because Pic.Scale is really slow, and Pic.Rotate is not accurate)

A better way is to keep track of 4 points. Then use whatever math is needed to move those 4 points into their position, and then use drawpolygon.
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how would i be able to make the four points spin and move out/ get bigger at the same time?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can represent any coordinate on the Cartesian Plane in polar form.

so have a variable call r, and theta.

each point could then be represented by (rcos (theta), rsin (theta)), where r is the magnitude of the vector (ie, how far it's from the center) and theta is the angle.

so you can have a loop, and increase theta every time, as well as your r. Make sure to start in the center of the screen, and make that your origin. The four points just have a difference in theta of 90.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: