Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 stop a certain fork?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Aucaly i think it may be possible just not on my comp, i rember somting about this topic b4 whre popleop manged to do but it did not work on some comps deponding on the sound card.

Also i rember somting about diffrent sound formats wav vs mp3 making a diffrence. I will do some more tests and see what happaens.....

Edit: reslotes of my testing

Playing an mp3 and then trying to paly another one at same time:
Stops the 1st one and plays the 2nd

Playing an mp3 and then trying to play a wav one at same time:
Worked

Playing a wav and then trying to play a wav at same time:
Stops the 1st one and plays the 2nd

Playing a wac then trying to play a mp3 at same time:
Worked

Now on how to stop the ones that worked but not others, hummmm:

Music.PlayFileStop stops them all, thats no good.

But all is not lost, think about what we learn from above.... If we play another wav file or mp3 file it replaces the mp3 or wav file all ready going. So lets say we have an mp3 and wav runing at the same time and now we whont to stop the wav, then juts make a blank wav file and play that. It will replace the wav file that is runing and no one will hear anything but the mp3 one.

This way u need no process and it works with just the PlayFileLoop comands

blank.zip
 Description:
A blank wav file, play this and it will stop just the wav files playing. U could do the same with an mp3 i think.

Download
 Filename:  blank.zip
 Filesize:  25.94 KB
 Downloaded:  73 Time(s)

Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
gamer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

o cool idea there hacker dan
ok sry but another question came up to mind, is it possible to pause a song while as it is being played in a fork??
Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think so. I dont know of any comand in turing to pause a song, just start and stop all of them.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if there a way to start a song in the middle of a track...? You would say Music.Play (file.mp3, 01:30) to start it 1m30s in or something like that...
gamer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

supergenius dats not possible i dun think
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmph. Schools should move to VB in the first year of comp sci.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could just edit the mp3 to start then, but it whould not be posable to do it dynicamly.

And i whould rather uses turing then VB. Turing may suck but it is aucaly more protable then VB (since there is turing for mac) and turing is not made by M$. But VB is much more powerfull then turning and if you cosider many schools all ready uses it for grade 11, i whould rather have VB in grade 10 if they put somting better in grade 11 like C++ or Java.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: