Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Saving as .exe
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
HKYPLAYA4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: Saving as .exe

I finally wrote my program.... can someone so me how to save it as an exe and incorporate all the pictures and sound files I need for the game in it? Im not quite sure how. Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u can't include ur pictures and sounds in ur exe, what u can do is have them in the same folder as the exe or have paths to the folders where u saved the other files, otherwise to make an exe is just
Run---->Generate stand-alone program
guruguru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In Turing, click the "Run" menu. Then click "Generate stand-alone program". A new execuatble will be added to the files directory with the same name as the file.
HKYPLAYA4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So I just have to have all the files in the same folder?... so if I wanted to send it to anyone zipping all the shit together would be best then?
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yep, after creating ur exe, put everything u need in the same folder, and it would work, even though it would be unorganized.
You could put all music files in a folder called "music" and when u load the music go
Music.PlayFile ("//music//filename.mp3")
I think that would be more organized, just be sure to zip all folders with the exe.
HKYPLAYA4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aiight, thanks a lot.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: