Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 blackjack/menu program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
beedub

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: blackjack/menu program

hey all, ive got a good menu program that works, except when i press play to actually play blackjack. it give me warning for the loop then displays a blank screen. the attachment is my code.

menu.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  menu.t
 Filesize:  9.17 KB
 Downloaded:  186 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you have the warning because you have the loop after an if statement with an exit before it.
so its like this
if something then
exit
something
end if

that something will never get executed, because you exited first, you see what I mean? I think u need to review ur if and loop stuff.
beedub

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

understood. but what should i do then? if i take out the exit the menu overlaps the getchs , and the program is screwed. if i take out of the initial loops the mouseover wont work neither will the mouse.where.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't see any getchs in ur program? Confused You have the different parts of the programs in procedures, then have the intro screen in a loop, at the click of a button, it gives a value to a variable, then it exits the loop. Different procedures will run according to the value of the variable.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: