Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my bus proj...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rk_rkade

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: my bus proj...

Thinking
hey guys....i need a little help here....
my teacher wants us to make an animation that is controlled by the user (moved using the arrow keys), and i have to do some embellishments (i dunno if i spelt that correctly...)
for this, i decided to make a schoolbus that moves...everything's kool, and now i just need some more embellishments...that is stuff to make it better.....i just wanted some ideas (i don't need code, i should be able to figure that out by myself), all i need are ideas to make my programs better...rite now, the only embellishments that i have are: increasing/decreasing the speed and quitting the program and pressing any other key pauses the animation....

...the only prob. is that i'm not allowed to use any 'dot' commands such as GUI.SetBackgroundColour anything else with a 'dot' in it, except Text.ColourBack, and Text.Colour...

thanks for ur help, guys.... 8) I am not worthy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing honestly, if I would be given an opportunity to go around and beat up stupid compsci teachers, I would Twisted Evil

how do you even expect to draw your bus without Draw.Box? or get input without Input.KeyDown? Laughing talk about stupidity.

Anyways, if it's a schoolbus, proram a button for the stop sign to appear on the side.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Vicous

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A lot of commands have non dot components, such as

code:

drawline(x1,y1,x2,y2)

and other stuff. I actually started out with the non . components and later learned of this.

How about windows opening, the door opening, windshield wipers, etc.? Perhaps at random times or when you press a certain button?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I noticed that a lot of the draw module commands have an equivilant that does not use a dot. Ex. Draw.Line = drawline... why are there two (slightly) different commands to accomplish the same task?

Also, you should make it so people run in front of the bus and you have to jump on the brakes. Sadly, this has happened to my bus before and it was funny because the guy who ran in front of it flipped off the bus driver.

On a related note, you should make a horn sound as well.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
why are there two (slightly) different commands to accomplish the same task?

there's a file in turing/support/predef/student.tu that contains a list of external commands. Those are basically pointers that reserve keywords to link to existing commands so you'll be able to call commands differently (reason for it being is to help with transition of code from the old DOS turing... I think)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
naoki

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well he can easily not use Input.KeyDown by resorting to getch (key). The only problem is that it'll be a hassle to buffer the extra taps.

For some extras, you could make it honk it's horn when you press a button. And mebbe fork in the background the "Wheels on the Bus go ... " song. You could also try and make a scrolling background (very easy, just take 2 of the same "road" picture and swap them while moving them to the left) for the bus to move in, as well as rotating tires.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: