Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Appreciate ideas and help for final project
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:19 pm   Post subject: Appreciate ideas and help for final project

Me and my partner are required to do a final project, and we need ideas. The project itself could be an application, a game, or some kind of program that shows our programming techniques. Will someone please share some ideas with us?

p.s. me and my friend did a raycasting walker, where a person could walk around a randomly generated maze, so that's a idea if anyone want to refine it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well some coman ideas are:

pong
rpg (text or non-text based)
netwrok chat
astordes shoter game
a scrolare game like mario for nes
paint progame

you can find a lot of basick game ideas on the net.

also we whould relay like to see that maze game Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I kinda used my raycasting game for my midterm, so i need to top that off, and I am always ready to learn some new programming techniques. So I was wondering if there was someone that could help me with a 3D engine in turing, or ideas for an RTS. Those suggestions you gave was great, but we kinda need more complicated things than those.

p.s. me and my partner goes to Vincent Massey, and we both did pretty well on the CCC, so we are not lacking the mathematics skill needed for hardcore programming, it's just that we need ideas.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is your project partner Martin Kess by any chance? Cuz I know he can do raytracing and mazes... 8)

You can try to talk to Catalyst... he's our 3D expert.

Its kinda hard to top random 3D maze off...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope, Martin is not my partner, he is in grade 11, I am in grade 10. Martin is a friend of mine though, and he gave me tips and ideas on how to do raycasting. Another friend of mine, Jack (better known as bugzpodder) gave us the idea on how to do the random maze. Thanks for the advice, I will go and ask Catalyst for the 3D rendering process.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: