Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Recommend a book for newb
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
not_l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: Recommend a book for newb

I would really like a book that has big examples and tell you every single thing rather then giving me troubles like the book I have from school. My teacher doesn't teach @$$ and he has just handed this book to us which doesn't solve anything. In the Question at each chapter it expects you to know stuff from 5 chapters ahead.

So please help me out here.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry, but plans for writing a book didn't work out well Confused I might give it another shot this summer, depending on what I'll end up doing Rolling Eyes

meanwhile the best you could do is to read the [turing tutorials]. If you want to make something specific, we could probably recommed specific tutorials you would need to understand.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The best way to learn is to just keep testing what you can do, and use the turing help files, as they are quite useful. And ask lots of questions. No book can teach you everything that you want to learn.

The best way to learn how to program is to program.
code:
View.Set ("graphics:100;100,title:X!,nobuttonbar")
var x : int
x := 5
for i:1..4
  x+= 1
end for
put "x"
put x

there's a program that you can have some fun with. Move on from there. And you can call it your own, and you don't even have to give me any credit Wink
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: