Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Very confusing problem with program, can someone take a look
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nitro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:49 am   Post subject: Very confusing problem with program, can someone take a look

I'm having an issue with a bejeweled clone that I'm working on for class. The problem exists in my blockfall procedure, and only occurs in a few limited circumstances. The most common one being:

a set up where 2 horizontal lines of 3 or more are formed with 1 or more rows between them. They fall, but not properly. There is a section of the code that can be commented for setting up a scenario, its marked in the gridclick procedure. its easy to set up, just have two similar tiles lined up with a third of the same kind above where it would make a line of 3.

----x
x-x
----x
x-x

----x-x--x

by moving the bottom x to make the pattern fall, you see the glitch...

I've spent a very long time trying to isolate exactly what is causiing this glitch, and I've come up empty handed... I think I know roughly where it is, and I added a comment, but other then that I'm clueless.

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated.

you can get my program here... http://www.gbadvanzed.com/help.zip

thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nitro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: anybody?

has anybody been able to re-create my problem, or have any solutions?
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is very well done, but I can't find the problem to it. Perhaps explain your problem more clearly.
I think why no one has replied is that this is a fairly large program, pretty hard to help with. And it takes someone pretty good at programming to find the fault. And there are not alot of them here ( I know Im not one). But maybe try changing your thread title to something like [bejewled clone game problem] or something, that might help. Hope u get ur help soon.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: