Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I am having trouble writting a hockey game program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the-bird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: I am having trouble writting a hockey game program

Well this is the program, hopefully you can help me. I cant seem to get it right.

It has to be a program of a hockey game with two teams, a red team and a blue team. There should be a red and blue puck and a red and blue net on each side of a hockey rink.The pucks are suppose to shoot from their sides and bounce within the rink into the opposing net. The pucks should be released from random areas on its own side. If the puck scores then it should count the points by each team, first to 5 wins.

The part im having trouble with is how am i going to make the pucks bounce off a rink that i have designed and bounce off eachother when they collide. Another is that i dont know how to make the program count the points of the two teams when the puck enters the net and displaying this info to the user.

Thanks Alot I'd really Appreciate it

turing project.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  turing project.t
 Filesize:  1.11 KB
 Downloaded:  223 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

see your own post in GD (grrrr) for a list of reason why poleop may not read this or even help much: http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?p=44270

since you are new here i will try to help u a bit tho.

from what i understand of what u are trying to do, you need to:

1. make a system of closion dection along the walls of the rink so the pucks will bounc when they hit them. this is simple eougth since it is just a line u got to check if it is over or not on each side.

2. make the code to place the pucks at random postions, use Rand.Int for this.

3. make closion dection on the net area to tell if they whent in.

to figger out how to do one of thess look at other post or some of the tuorials we have. also the sreach thingy is gr8 for finding what u need on this site.

if u have more question plz be alot more spicfic with your post and title
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: