Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Version of Turing??? 4.0, 4.1?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Crimson_Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: New Version of Turing??? 4.0, 4.1?

I'm a little confused, the old version of turing ( I think it was object oriented ) that my school used to have had alot of commands that I used frequently, such as the Veiw.Set, Veiw.Update, etc etc. Currently the school uses version 4.0. I want to know which version has the View commands. Or is there another way to do a similar command for View.Update and View.Set ("offscreenonly").

Or is there a patch or file that adds these commands, plz help me with this, i cant survive without those commands. must make... games... dying... need.. help
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

setscreen ("graphics;offscreenonly")

View.Update

That's from 4.0.4 onwards I believe.

Patch available at compsci homepage.
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you can get an update to 4.0.4 if you dont need the new features that is, from the HoltSoft website, since you are saying its for school, you might just wanna ask the system admin to update it Smile (unless you dont use networks, then just install it)
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing v4.0.5 has been out since january Confused new commands + download
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not officaly out tho, so u may not whont to use it if u going to be asking holth for suport.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
going to be asking holth for suport.

not like they'll ever reply to your emails though Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

unless they whont to sue you Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no kidding...

yea my school's stupid.... they say since next year they will be probaly only doing VB for gr.10... .they wont update turing to version 4.05 (instead of 4.04.... ) errr.... catches me off guard a lot of times... i ope n a turing file.. run it ...gets a bunch of errors cuz of new commands... then i have to find the new version that i installed to my network drive Wink and reopen...

either way.... those are very good commands...***want to see da games..... post them in Turing Submissions when u done
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: