Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 cls flashing... Little help?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SKS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: cls flashing... Little help?

Alright, I'm a rather huge turing newb making an "animation" for my computers class.

All I want is some text to move across the top of the screen. If I don't use cls, it's just a big black line (obviousely.) If I do, it makes the text flash on and off everytime it goes through the loop.

Anyone have a remedy?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use View.Update, there is a pretty good tutorial on this site somewhere.
sport

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: Cls

cls erases everything and than you redraw the thing again that is why it is flashing.
Krabjuice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When you declare graphics mode, make sure to use "offscreenonly" that way the image is pasted on, instead of erased and then pasted on.
guruguru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay... this si what you should do. At the very top of program type (or add if you already have a setscreen):
code:
setscreen ("offscreenonly")

And whenever you draw something new (such as each time the moving words move to a new location) you should (right after) this:
code:

View.Update
cls
Hope that helps 8) .

P.S It really is annoying how you cant use two [codes] in this forum. Mad Wink

Mod Edit: Sure you can, see?
Another Mod: eh... first you View Update, then you cls... and stick that after you done drawing frame
Another Another Mod: about that code thing, it dose somtimes cause wired errors, i am still working on it. but i dont got tones of time with school and all.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: