Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Updated to 4.0.5 and lost my code
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RobinK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:01 am   Post subject: Updated to 4.0.5 and lost my code

I updated from 3.1.1A to 4.0.5 right after completing a 500+ line code for a school assignment. After opening it with turing 4.0.5 and closing it, the next time I opened it. The code was gone and there was 5000 lines of er.... this:
@@U"¹Ã¬Â¸9èóÐVW½pÆÿÿ¹d¸ÌÌÌÌó«Ç"¦Ã Ã·Ã¿Ã¿Ã¨02è"º@è¹3èŸßèè="¦Ã€u3ÀéŠ"¹EP迃Ä"¦Ã€u3ÀéshPFJøûÿÿQè

Does anyone know what happened? Could I have screwed up something? Is it possible to recover the code again? I do have a stand-alone exe I produced form the final code... but I never heard of exe -> source before.

Unfortunantly, I did not back it up and now I need to start it over again.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

looks like you opened the .exe file instead of source Confused Take another look for the source file.

and yes - there's no decompiler for turing.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
RobinK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope... it is the code. And it is more than twice the size than the exe.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think u are going to get that code back but can u post the file so we can see what is going on?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe change the .t extension to .exe and see if it runs...
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it could also be a conversion from dos type file to windows ? (i dunno, just a suggestion) and if you have the exe, you at least have proof of doing it Smile
RobinK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the helps guys.

Sorry, I already deleted the corrupted file.

But I got good news. A friend from my school has the code. It is sightly outdated, but I can rewrite the missing parts in time for submission. I had sent him the code to test it for me. Very Happy
guruguru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked Dam ure smart!!! (and lucky Wink ) Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
sport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A backup could be somewhere on your disk. Turing sometimes makes backups, I think the extention is .bkw, but not sure.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: