Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing and xml....
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: Turing and xml....

...is there a way to use turing to pull certian things from an xml feed (for example, if I only want some of the information from a large feed, on a certian topic)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Jodo Yodo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have no idea what an XML feed is, but I'd like to say that you have the greatest siggy ever. Is that a real download screenshot?
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if an xml feed is something from a text file, then all you would have to do would read the contents of the file and check for the feed you want, or set it so that turing will read the feed you want when it reads the text file. i don't know what a feed is soryr.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

eh... with turing you'd have to read everything and you can analyze data as you go. The main problem you'll be facing is ofcourse the fact that turing's string is 255 characters in length, so you'd probly have to read everything as characters to be save and that's gonna get messy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or just get turing to copy it to your comp, then use trusty CTRL+F (i assume it opens in IE since its XML?)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: