Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MANDISS00000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:55 am   Post subject: Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...

Hi there, this is my first post. I only have the information below as a hint on how to make a GUI with buttons calculator and I have looked around the most I can for clear information on how to create one, and absolutely nothing worked. Some of the content I found included old posts from this website, and a YouTube video with a broken link in the description that was supposed to have a code.
Does anyone know what I should be doing and able to help me a bit?
This is the only information I know:

code:

import GUI

var a, b : int

procedure Button1
    put "please enter button #1"

end Button1

procedure Button2
    put "please enter button #2"
end Button2

procedure Button3
    put "please enter button #3"
end Button3

var button1, button2, button3 : int
button1 := GUI.CreateButton (20, 200, 50, "START", Button1)
button2 := GUI.CreateButton (60, 200, 50, "2", Button2)
button3 := GUI.CreateButton (100, 200, 50, "3", Button3)
loop
    exit when GUI.ProcessEvent
end loop

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me.
Thank you for reading and have a great day! BooHoo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MANDISS00000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...

due tuesday..
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:37 am   Post subject: RE:Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...

Sorry we missed the deadline for a reply, this forum isn't as active as it used to be. These days it's more of a Turing Museum than an active place to learn code.

That said anyone teaching Turing these days I'm sure knows of this site, pretty much the only Turing community around still.

Most importantly we have a rule here of not doing other people's homework, which this clearly is. We'll drop hints and lead you to the answer that way, it's about learning to code, not copy-paste answers. The latter comes with no understanding, no learning.

I doubt as much, but did you ever get an extension? Have you gotten the answer yet?

Cheers and good luck on your studies. And if you need help again in the future be sure to ask, but with a bit more time for response
MANDISS00000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...

SNIPERDUDE @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:37 am wrote:
Sorry we missed the deadline for a reply, this forum isn't as active as it used to be. These days it's more of a Turing Museum than an active place to learn code.

That said anyone teaching Turing these days I'm sure knows of this site, pretty much the only Turing community around still.

Most importantly we have a rule here of not doing other people's homework, which this clearly is. We'll drop hints and lead you to the answer that way, it's about learning to code, not copy-paste answers. The latter comes with no understanding, no learning.

I doubt as much, but did you ever get an extension? Have you gotten the answer yet?

Cheers and good luck on your studies. And if you need help again in the future be sure to ask, but with a bit more time for response

About those rules and other things, understood. I did end up somewhat figuring it out, and thank you!
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:53 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Clueless on making a GUI Calculator...

MANDISS00000 @ June 23rd 2022, 7:20 pm wrote:
About those rules and other things, understood. I did end up somewhat figuring it out, and thank you!

Happy to hear it!

Good luck with the rest of your studies
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: