Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ehhthing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 pm   Post subject: Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?

Sorry, I have not used the format.

My question is simple: Where was the Turing 4.1.2 source code released?

I have gone through the holtsoft.com website archives on archive.org and have not located any source code for Turing.

Yet, it says "Turing 4.1.2 for Windows - Unreleased version of Turing found when HoltSoft released the source code of Turing. May still be buggy." on http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/.

Where was this source code released and where can I find a copy of it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am   Post subject: Re: Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?

While it may exist somewhere, the statement
Quote:
Turing 4.1.2 for Windows - Unreleased version of Turing found when HoltSoft released the source code of Turing. May still be buggy.
does not imply that there was 4.1.2 source code released. It merely states that when the Turing source code was released (whatever version that may have been), an unreleased version, 4.1.2, was also found (though not necessarily the source code of it).

Or at least that's how I interpret it...
ehhthing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?

Srlancelot39 @ Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am wrote:
While it may exist somewhere, the statement
Quote:
Turing 4.1.2 for Windows - Unreleased version of Turing found when HoltSoft released the source code of Turing. May still be buggy.
does not imply that there was 4.1.2 source code released. It merely states that when the Turing source code was released (whatever version that may have been), an unreleased version, 4.1.2, was also found (though not necessarily the source code of it).

Or at least that's how I interpret it...

Yes, but do you know where the Turing source code is (no matter the version).
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?

I do not, sorry!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Where is the Turing 4.1.2 source code?

I think the source was sent directly to Tristan Hume, who runs the semi-defunct openTuring project. You can probably get it from him. I'd bet there's contact info for him on the openTuring site.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: