Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Exam
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hugetanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm   Post subject: Turing Exam

Hello,

I have a computer science exam on turing and I wanted to know if anyone of you know the following:

Are turing variables case sensitive?

What is sequence in turing? Can you give me an example, since I don't understand what exactly it is.

Logic behind comparing words for alphabetical order.

THanks,
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Exam

Yes I know all of those things.
ecookman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Turing Exam

Insectoid @ Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm wrote:
Yes I know all of those things.

ily

Hugetanks @ Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:

Are turing variables case sensitive?

Logic behind comparing words for alphabetical order.

As much as I loved to be spoon-fed at your age, I'm going to suggest the "try it and find out" approach. Although it isn't what you're looking for (directly), Take one of your old programs and change a variable's case and see what happens! As for the second bit, you can also learn that quite quickly with some exploratory coding. I can't remember if truing has a function for this, but if it doesn't the logic is really however you set it up. For instance string to array (possibly) or assign each letter/possible returns a word a hierarchy of value.
Hugetanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Exam

Well thanks for the answers...... I took the exam yesterday and.... i forgot to use constants on the questions, so im going to lose a ton of marks, so i think i screwwed up.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Exam

In practise using variables instead of constants won't affect your program. Using constants where you want a variable, however, will give you problems.
Hugetanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Exam

The thing is that the teachers expect us to use constants for everything. So if the question involved outputting something if the input is larger than 500,000, we would need a constant for the 500,000. I directly wrote the number, which is why im going to lose marks.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: