Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to combine Turing files
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SlimxShady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 pm   Post subject: How to combine Turing files

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I am trying to "combine" Turing files so that I can have many files with procedures and things, and call and use them all in a single "main" file. Similar to how Python has "import" where you can import your own files and call the functions from those files. I have used Python quite a bit, but am still a newer user with Turing.

What is the problem you are having?
I am doing a school assignment for my Computer Engineering class, and want to make the code more neater by separating procedures into a single file, and then having a 'main' file where I call all those functions into the order I wish to do so and in my loop.

Describe what you have tried to solve this problem
I have tried searching around online for the answer, but haven't been able to find anything about it.

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
Turing 4.1.1

Thanks for the help all! And am loving this forums! Have been helping and solving many things for me! Very Happy Canada
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 pm   Post subject: RE:How to combine Turing files

The keyword is include.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm   Post subject: RE:How to combine Turing files

also take a look at modules - http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=4303
SlimxShady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 pm   Post subject: RE:How to combine Turing files

Thanks all for your help! This helps me so much! Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: