Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Play Select Track?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Canadian1911

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 am   Post subject: Play Select Track?

Hello,

I am using Turing 4.05 and I cannot figure out how to make it possible for the user to enter which track they want to play.

I am aware that you do Music.PlayFile ("cd:x") if X is the track number the programmer puts in, If I was going to insert "Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)", and I wanted to play the third track "The Fight Song", I'd put in code: Music.PlayFile ("cd:3").

However I want the user of my program to be able to select while track they want to play, I have tried a couple things, but I can't seem to succeed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Play Select Track?

"cd:x" is a string. Turing has lots of ways to modify strings. Create a string with the number you want based on the user input, and then pass that to Music.PlayFile(). You may find the command intstr() useful.
pttptppt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Play Select Track?

Insectoid @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 pm wrote:
"cd:x" is a string. Turing has lots of ways to modify strings. Create a string with the number you want based on the user input, and then pass that to Music.PlayFile(). You may find the command intstr() useful.

Can you please check my thread and help???
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: