Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Animation Help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
lavahound2016

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm   Post subject: Turing Animation Help

Hello

I'm doing an animation in turing and I don't know how to animate an object I have drawn. Although you can use delay and redraw the drawing, is there a more efficient way? Also, how do you make an animation work for any screen size?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Gaming Lyfe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Animation Help

There is a much more efficient method of animation, but i would not even think about it until you are a real deft hand at turing.

Using for loops and delays will be your best bet at animation.

Also, making an animation work on any size is easy, but requires use of GUI commands. Unless your teacher asks for a full screen animation and shows you how to make it work, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

P.S. Are you in the MaCs Program?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Animation Help

Contrary to Gaming Lyfe's statement, there is no more efficient way to animate than to draw, delay, erase, redraw. In fact, this is how nearly every animation ever has worked. Even movies on film follow basically the same principal.

As for making it work for any screen size, well, View.Set will change the size of the run window. The keywords maxx and maxy return the size of the screen in the x and y direction. You can use those numbers to make any Draw command scale. For example, Draw.Oval (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, maxx div 10, maxx div 10, red) will draw an oval exactly in the middle of the screen, with a radius one tenth the horizontal length of the screen, regardless of the size of the screen. Pic.Scale will resize images so you can draw it at any size with Pic.Draw.
Gaming Lyfe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Animation Help

What about using parameters that allow you to set the centerpoint of an image to a specific pixel?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: