Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 LinOOT -- OOT for Linux needed.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
echeese

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: LinOOT -- OOT for Linux needed.

Does anyone have OOT for Linux? I miss OOT as I recently installed Linux and I need it back. It works in WINE, but not very well. According to the Holtsoft site, there's a Linux version available. If someone can give me a link or send me it, please do.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you are asking for illegal copies of this product dan will get pissed off. im not too sure of anyone having any linux turing on these boards though.
echeese

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, I just want to continue using OOT, now that I know there's a Linux version. I have a LEGAL copy of OOT for Windows, I just want to use it in my new OS.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exactly you have a legal copy for windows , you dont own a copy of the linux version , you will have to go pay more money to get a linux version
echeese

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I can always install Windows and dual-boot into that to use OOT
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jesus... give the kid a break, he just wants to run OOT off of linux. As for the legal issue, I believe the compiler costs money, but the program is free. At least I hope so, seems compsci was offering it free to download on their home page a while ago.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing is definatly free, and compsci never offered a free version , im not sure what your talking about , compsci has only hosted one for peopel in hte toronto school board ( i beieve may be wrong ) and on for the 4.0.5 update , compsci does not condone to illigal copies of turing , turing is arond 100 $
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

which is way overpriced. you can get more powerful languages (like darkbasic) for less...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

compsci.ca has never and will never host any full veverons of turing unless they make it free.

u have to pay for all verson of turing (unless of cores u illigale dl it throw the hole in there own site).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you get a usb smartdrive and put it into your comp at school and take all the files from turing and then you would ahve it free.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

locking this before more ideas are given that could cause dan being sued in someway.

Like Dan said, compsci.ca has never hosted any illegal copy of turing, which is usually distributed by the ontario school board, whom purchased the right of distribution for turing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: