Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help turing combat
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
deadmemory22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 am   Post subject: Help turing combat

Hey guys i need some help here with my project i need to know the best way to implement combat for my game. gr 12 comp si. class new here this is my first post ls help with tips Smile

thanks. Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 am   Post subject: RE:Help turing combat

well, what have you tried?
deadmemory22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Help turing combat

Insectoid @ Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 am wrote:
well, what have you tried?

well i havent tried anything yet i was wonder what worked best and what looked smoth if you have examples that would be just be amazing Very Happy
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 am   Post subject: RE:Help turing combat

Maybe you should experiment for a bit before asking for help.
deadmemory22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Help turing combat

Insectoid @ Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 am wrote:
Maybe you should experiment for a bit before asking for help.

I have 0 cluehow to and where to and what to do thats why im asking for help
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 am   Post subject: RE:Help turing combat

If you have 0 clue where to begin, it may be prudent to select a project where you do know where to begin.
deadmemory22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:28 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Help turing combat

Raknarg @ Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 am wrote:
If you have 0 clue where to begin, it may be prudent to select a project where you do know where to begin.

How will i ever learn why cant you guys just help? I see people with the simaler problems on here all the time and you respond with instructions and examples of code to help teach them
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:33 am   Post subject: RE:Help turing combat

Because we expect some kind of effort first before people come to us. Try something out!

You are in grade 12 comp sci, so I'm assuming you have some basic programming knowledge. Sit back and think about what kind of things you need. For instance, why don't you first try to program some kind of fighting simulation? Make a "battlefield" where two characters can move around or something.

Furthermore, all we know about your project is "Turing Combat", which is far from descriptive.

Try restating your question. What is your goal here? What is the premise? Do you have any ideas? How do you think you can accomplish this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
nicholopolis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Help turing combat

Is this project an assignment for school? If so, what requirements did your teacher give you?

If it is not for school, I would suggest brainstorming about exactly what kind of game you want to make. Try to make your idea more detailed. Like, start by designing the game without worrying about the code: what moves can characters do, how much damage do moves do relative to hit points, how large is gameboard relative to characters, is there scrolling or is total map always visible, is it real-time or turn-based, will user control character with mouse or keyboard, etc.

When programming, I try to focus on deciding exactly what I want to do first... in as much detail as possible... then you can start worrying about how to make it in code. This is an oversimplification, but that's the basic idea.

Otherwise, you are coding >before< you know what you are making.

I hope this helps! Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: