Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 FILE DELETING
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Boarder16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: FILE DELETING

Hey i am msking 1 or 2 more turing programs casue i am bored and in 1 i am making i need to use tuirng to delete files... like u no how in programs u can delete files i nteh littel windows that pop up to save items or so on.. well its complicated to explain but is htere a turing commadn to delete a file....? thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

File.Delete (filePathName : string)

Description File.Delete is used to delete the file specified by the parameter filePathName. This is the equivalent of doing a del in DOS or rm in UNIX.

YOU KNOW HOW I KNEW THAT

I opened up turing when int othe referance and copied it out and pated it here , a whole 10 seconds , was there any need to maek this post at alll, people plese use the turing reerance
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You dont have to bite people's heads off.. you could've said that nicely :\ and there is also a command (can't remember which one) that lets you enter a dos command, and it will run it through dos, you can also do that like get filename and then run del, filename... etc.
Boarder16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i also posted in the turing submissions in another submission of mine(thinking it was this one) that i figured it out by looking in the help file and i never realised irepleid in the wrong topic.. Mad
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Spencer Said :
Quote:
You dont have to bite people's heads off..

No i really do , thats the only way people seem to learn , i dont know how many times this problem has come up , its been made a sticky there have been topics on it , how many times people have said " Did you even look at the turing referance" i dont know , but its said way to much , people need to learn that they have most of the answers right in front of them
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i 100% agree.... if more ppl would learn to look it the help files PROVIDED by turing you can do COOL things...

.. heck you can SELF teach yourself gr.10 comp science from the turing help files.. and the odd help from compsci.ca

also... i sense that File.Delete can be used for evil doing Evil or Very Mad

why would u realy need to delte a file in a program u make???
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i back shorthair whole heartedly, i have seen MANY MANY MANY comments and posts about turing reference needing to be used more. anyways, be very careful with file.delete. if you use it with Dir.Get to delete the files that come up, BE VERY CAREFUL. i know it may be fun but i deleted a lot of files out of the windows directory of my parent's computers thinking i was being a cool programmer.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ikes.,.,.., taht would be VERY VERY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea.... im amzed tryugin can delete... i didn;t know it could... i though Truing was a SAFE language...

but some VERY evil viruses can be made with it...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
i though Truing was a SAFE language...

There's no such thing as a safe language, just safe programmers. And unsafe programmers...
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ive heard it called "a safe language" see main turing page...
anyways.... i can sense a lot of ppl will use this to do harm...

like comon... we can all make pranks... but we didin't know we could delete this ez

anyways.... mazer....
like mentioned above...

Everyone thats a Hacker is unsafe.... everyone amkes mistakes and doeso bad stuff
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing was built safe , it had no direct access to the hardware , the university of toronto ( i belive they made it ) intended on making it so you couldnt mistakenly delete thing and mess u values , but turing has evolved alot since turing 1 , have anyone you actually seen turing 1
recneps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"What would you use delete for other than evil..." or something like that was said, you could have your program create a temp file, and then delete it before exiting.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope... used a older DOS version for a couple days (dont think it was v1)... then i found out it had a virus.... so i deleted it and downloaded the good new win version from school.... Twisted Evil
BlAcK TuRtLe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually i did see a really old version of turing thursday in engineering class. We were taking apart an older computer(dont know what model) and we had to put it back together so that it worked. So when we went on it there was a really old turing on DOS that had a black background. Think it was 7. something though.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have turing 8 for dos. i got it from my cousin who took it off his school comps at school. it sucks, it has like 16 colours or something like thate.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: