Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jandes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:32 pm   Post subject: What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?

var cents : real
var loonies : real
var quarter : real
var dimes : real
var nickles : real
var pennies : real

% adding values to variables

quarter := 25
dimes := 10
nickles := 5
pennies := 1

put "Please enter the change in cents:"
get cents

The question is, User enters an amount less than 100 and then the computer displays the minimum number of coins necessary to make the change when the coins is clicked.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:33 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?

Have a look at the div and mod commands.
jandes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:51 pm   Post subject: Re: What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?

Can you please send me the link for that? I don't know where to find it in the Turing help or tutorials
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm   Post subject: RE:What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?

The best place to look is the documentation: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/doc/

I think pressing F10 in Turing will open the same page, but it doesn't work on all computers.
jandes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm   Post subject: Re: What is the program that I can use to divide two numbers that is not showing the remainder?

it's okay thank you..i asked my friend for help
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: