Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Sprites
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hurukan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:44 am   Post subject: Sprites

Alright... I know there is something really stupid im missing here but wtf is it?? whenever I use the Sprite modules i get such and such is not on the export list of sprite... what am I missing???

Thx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:52 am   Post subject: bugs

what version of turing are you using?

in version winoot 3.1.4

there is a bug where if you run it once and comple it the spripes stop wroking.

in an higher version of turing sprites do no wrok (i think). you shode use the pic comands insted. see tutoral about flicker free animation.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Hurukan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:05 am   Post subject: holtsoft sucks

youd think if you were going to buy their software for 85 bucks a pop they would at least support what their referance manual SAYS they support... and i thought there would be an advantage of downloading the extra 9megs to 4.04c Mad ohwell I guess using pics could work as well... thx neways (if anyone knows a way though post it, cus sprites are cool Wink)
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sprites were never done in v4+. Personally I'm Evil or Very Mad that Holt releaced v4 before finishing many of features they already had working.

Meanwhile, you can use picMerge mode for your pictures to make white a transparent color, though its just not the same.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Hurukan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

argh yeah and now my pong paddles and ball look like ass, Evil or Very Mad The next problem I had with turing 4.0.4c is that not all the GUI functions work right... Im seriously thinking of downgrading - what version do you guys think supports the most?? or maybe ill just move to C++ before i get too attached to turing Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You should move to C++

Turing was ment only as an introductory language to get you falimilar with simple programming stuctures.

And dont worry, we got a C++ section here so you'll recieve as much help Wink

Also if someone will actually be using C++ I might just go ahead and write some tutorials.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Hurukan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah im beginning to find that turing is a real b***h so i think its time to break out VC++... scary thing is my copy is LEGAL and mine Very Happy i just never got around to learning anything- if you could post some tutorials Id much rather learn a language thats not so poorly supported~ and that i can write my own stuff for (thank you god! lol) anyways go ahead post some ill read them surely and start learning what I can..

btw- start with interesting things- most people can find a hello world program and get the basic basics , but something a little more advanced (not too far down the yellow brick road Wink) would be fun to look at

neways cyas
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well sure thing... I used C++ for the CCC 2003 and got up to S4 working... So I can write up some interesting stuff for you guys to read.

Plz give me some sujestions, this way we all get what we want Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am wroking on an tic-tac-toe game in dos with BMP IMAGES!!!!! (this whode be exicting if you knew about pics in dos). also has good ai Wink i will post that as soon as i fixe up the bugs in the ai (can be beaten Confused ).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Asok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

example of good AI:
Blocks off a possible win

example of great AI:
Crashes the game when it looks like the user will win
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL

Aucoaly my ai used to cheat when it was going to lose and put it's X over the other persions O, lol
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya... well you might notice that with tic-tac-toe... just 9 spaces... now with something like chess or checkers...

Ah those cheaters... Maybe thats how they programmed Deep Blue? Very Happy

Though I belive the program just told the user which move to make, and it wasnt an actual "game"
Asok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it would be rather cool if there was a game that the computer would try to cheat like a normal player and if you cought it you get to bludgeon it with an array of weapons.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, that whode be fun.

WOW, this is geting WAY off topic.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, I cant see how sprites relate to Deep Blue trying to cheat in chess Wink

though do you know that card game - cheat? The objective of the game is to cheat and with some creative programming you can take it to a whole new level Twisted Evil

bwahahaha... actually with any card game where cards are hidden you can manipulate them (just gotta keep track of cards that were shown aready). Basically you can program a solitare in which you just CANT win since you never get the cards you need Twisted Evil
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: