Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Shamoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:11 pm   Post subject: Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I am trying to make a payment machine with a GUI numpad that enters a 16 digit code (4230394058299603) for a computer studies project.
I would like to add 1-9,0, backspace, clear, and return button.
If the number is incorrect, i want it to display the incorrect machine image and if the number is correct, i want it to display the correct machine image.

Turing:

Please specify what version of Turing you are using

Machine Incorrect.JPG
 Description:
Machine Incorrect
 Filesize:  35.21 KB
 Viewed:  72 Time(s)

Machine Incorrect.JPG

Machine Correct.JPG
 Description:
Machine Correct
 Filesize:  35.89 KB
 Viewed:  69 Time(s)

Machine Correct.JPG

Machine Layout.JPG
 Description:
Machine Layout
 Filesize:  62.53 KB
 Viewed:  74 Time(s)

Machine Layout.JPG

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine

Well have you tried anything yet? Show us your code so far and we'll let you know what you're doing wrong.
Shamoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine

i dont know gui buttons code so it would be nice if someone here could show me an example or how the code workd

this is the code for my textbox

loop
text := GUI.GetText (textbox)
exit when GUI.ProcessEvent
exit when text = "4230394058299603"
end loop
Shamoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine

bump
GreatPumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Computer Class: GUI numpad for a machine

Have you read The Turing Walkthrough? It covers the basics of everything you'd need for this project and more: http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=8808. Lot's of examples are covered here, whenever you get stuck, check back to the walk though.

Also the Turing help file has information about every command, but the explanations aren't as easy to understand as those in the walk through: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/doc/
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: