Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 need some more help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: need some more help

ok what i need to do is to write a program which will read the texts in "or and our.txt" a line at a time. Then output the line along with a line number. Afterwards, the program should reread the file changing all upper case in a word to a lower case.

how do i make that program?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this sounds a litte bit like some one asking for us to do there hw, but i give u some pointers any how.

1st u need to make a stream to the file, then make a loop that will keep on going till u have read every line in the file. then u just read a line at once using get stream, linevar : *. output this with the index of the loop to get the line nummber.

now to chage the uppercase and lowercase u will need to use Str.Lower (s : string) : string . it should chage the string to all lowercase.

good luck
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well heres an excuse to spam , il do it for 5 whole canadian dollars over paypal, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , hacker dan has lead you in the right direction , but im sure you compsci teacher is able to help you jsut as well as we can ......... if not then make sure you look around the site first , its amazing what you can find , also if you dont find anyhing , make sure you make your topic name appropriate , we know that you need help , because for starters your posting in the help forum which jsut gives it away , so jsut to give you some poiners ,,

Good Luck ,

-=-=-= Shorthair =-=-=-
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: